BE KIND. BE STRONG. BE FREE.
WHAT WE OFFER
All curious human movers are welcome: all shapes, sizes, backgrounds and identities and all levels of yoga experience. Our classes are mindfulness centered, well-rounded, noncompetitive and taught respectfully with an eye toward fostering long-term well-being.
We offer two ways to practice yoga with us: Hybrid and Online
Hybrid – In-person and online options for the same class!
- Students taking class in person don’t see the computer screen and students taking class online don’t see in-studio students. Everyone gets to see and hear the teacher!
- Hybrid classes are a flexible option, the best of both worlds!
- To sign up for hybrid classes: create an account and pre-register online!
- For hybrid in-person classes:
- Preregister – remember in-person class slots are limited to maintain space between students.
- Show proof of full vaccination upon entry to the studio per Washington state mandate.
- Wear a mask the entire time you are in the studio per Washington state mandate.
- Read our “COVID Safety Protocols” document for details before heading to the studio.
- Please arrive on-time for class if you are coming to class in-person.
Online classes – class via an internet connection!
- Take class anywhere with a computer, tablet or cell phone and an internet connection!
- Classes are offered through the Zoom online meeting platform for security and ease.
- Preregister – online classes require preregistration so that you can receive the class link.
- To sign up for online classes: create an account, opt. in to receive account email notifications and register online to get the class link!
- See our “Step-by-Step Online Setup” instructions for more details!
PLEASE NOTE: Preregistration is required for both in-person and online options.
We Offer Tiered Pricing for ALL Classes:
We are experimenting with a tiered payment option for ALL CLASSES. We are a business and have many expenses that we need to pay. At the same time we are focused on offering yoga for all including those in our community who cannot afford the full tuition but want to join us to explore the many benefits of a yoga practice within a welcoming mindful movement community.
Payment options include: pay what it takes to run our business, a slightly discounted rate, a completely free option and a “pay-it-forward” option for those who can afford to pay a little more to help support our mission to offer yoga to all. Please help us continue to offer a tiered payment options by paying what you can afford.
What should I wear for practicing yoga?
- Breathable, comfortable clothing that can stretch is the best clothing for practicing yoga.
- Layers are helpful in regulating body temperature throughout class.
- If you are experiencing any injuries or conditions, we recommend checking with your health-care professional before attending class.
- If you would like to tell your teacher about any conditions or injuries you are experiencing, we are happy to support you in navigating your practice in a way that supports your well-being.
- If you think that you may be pregnant, please inform your teacher.
- Please practice in a way that feels good in your body.
Yoga Studio Etiquette
- Please turn off your cell phones or set them to silent.
- Please leave heavy perfume at home.
Yoga studio temperature and style
- We ground our teachings in respect for the historical lineage of yoga and evidence-based movement science. All classes include a non-religious practice of: asana (poses), pranayama (breath work), mindful movement and the exploration of topics related to the other classical 8 limbs of yoga: ethical precepts, focusing techniques, relaxation practices, and meditation.
- Our yoga studio is heated to a comfortable temperature — we are not a heated “hot yoga” or a “power yoga” studio.
- We offer moderately paced “mindful flow”, slower-paced “mindful and steady” along with a variety of other class types. Class descriptions available on the class schedule page, click on the class name to view.
We hope to see you in class soon!
Questions? Email us!