BE KIND. BE STRONG. BE FREE.
We welcome drop in's for all our regularly scheduled classes!
No need to pre-register on-line unless that helps you to get it on your schedule!
We hope to see you at the studio soon!
Here are some basics for getting started at Lotus!
Every new student, whether beginning or experienced, should plan to arrive ten minutes before your first class, so that you can fill out a short information form, familiarize yourself with the studio and let the instructor know any necessary information to ensure a positive experience.
New to Yoga?
- We are a very welcoming and inclusive yoga studio.
- We are excited to introduce you to the many benefits of yoga!
- If you are brand new to yoga, the following ongoing "drop in" classes are a great way to begin, remember, there is no need to pre-register, just show up!
- Gentle & Restorative: These classes are gentle options; they are appropriate for new students as well as experienced students seeking a gentle practice.
- All Levels: "All levels" classes are taught in stages so that students may find their appropriate level and work within it.
What style of yoga do we teach?
- All Lotus Yoga classes include mindful, intelligent teaching and sequencing of yoga postures (asana) and yoga breathwork (pranayama). Classes generally also include accessible yoga mindfulness meditation (dhyana) and yoga mind-focusing techniques (dharana) as well as some traditional yoga philosophy.
- Our teachers are highly trained, and offer teachings from a blend of yoga traditions.
- We think of our offerings as a mindful and sustainable style of exercise, breathwork and mindful meditation practice that fosters a healthy and strong body, mind and spirit, over the course of time, for most humans.
- Our teaching is rooted in "traditional" non-religious yoga practice although some students and teachers do consider the practice to be spiritual for themselves, we teach from a respectful, non-religious perspective.
What kinds of classes do we offer?
We offer many class options that are appropriate for beginners through seasoned practitioners:
- Many of our classes are open to "all levels" of yoga experience and offer stronger and gentler variations within a single class.
- Some classes offer a specialized focus such as: "yoga + sound bath", "gentle yoga", "strong practice", "restoratives and meditation", "yoga and live music" and "sustainable practice".
- Please see our class schedule for class descriptions and for specific class foci.
More about our studio facilities:
- Our yoga studio is heated to a comfortable temperature — we are not a heated "hot yoga" or a "power yoga" studio.
- The studio is equipped with yoga mats and props that are cleaned regularly however, you are always welcome to bring your own mat and props. We have a variety of mats available for purchase. Purchasing a personal mat is more hygienic.
- If you tend to sweat heavily, please bring a towel and be sure to wipe down your mat after class. You can also purchase your own mat or yoga rug.
- We have changing rooms and provide cubbies for your bags.
Who are our teachers?
- Our teachers are all highly trained and dedicated to offering yoga that can be practiced sustainably, over time. We are dedicated to teaching in a kind, respectful, and soulful way in a welcoming atmosphere.
- For teacher biographies, please see our teachers page.
What should I wear?
- Breathable, comfortable clothing that can stretch is the best clothing for practicing yoga.
- Layers are helpful in regulating body temperature throughout class.
Water bottles are recommended.
The studio provides filtered water so that you can refill your bottle when needed.
Class Schedule and Descriptions
Please see our classes page for the class schedule (click on class titles for descriptions.)
- If you are taking a class from a teacher who is new to you, or there has been a change to your status, please arrive early to inform them of any injuries or conditions.
- If you think that you may be pregnant, please inform your teacher.
Yoga Studio Etiquette
- Please turn off your cell phones or set them to silent.
- Please leave heavy perfume at home.
We hope to see you at the studio soon!
If you have other questions, please let us know. We look forward to hearing from you!
Maia Laverty: / 206-760-1917